Another reflection I did. 


Greg, I couldn't agree with you more when you commented that I talked more than I listened, I wanted to speak so much more than I was willing to listen. I was grateful for your honesty in pointing out this weakness of mine. I hope I've changed and grown as I grow in God.

It has been more than 2 weeks I'm back here in Kuching. The continual meeting with God's people for cg, prayer meeting, sunday service and fellowship still go on. And for the days I was with the people, it leads me to reflection of the attitude of the people around me. The attitude of demanding attention by keep blurting words and listen nothing from the other party, be it during sessions when others are seeking for advice, sharing burden/problem or mere catching up. 

I was, all of the sudden, feeling shameful for how rude I was. How I heard, but not listened to others. How I came to conclusion of what others shared or said so quickly without asking for clarification and further explanation. I was guilty of not being a friend who truly listens.  

I truly thank God for qianru, who has taught me the politeness of listening, really listen and empathize. It is really one thing that I need to learn, as I grow and mature. Thank God for qimin whom God has used to teach me on this. I thank God for this patient brother. Ji Ting, too, is angel sent by God in my cg to help me to grow and learn to be a gentle listener. 

It is so hurtful when your friend does not actually listen to what you intend to say. Indeed. I've learned and grow from there. God, help them too.

Thank You, Jesus, for being patient with me :)