I am especially touched when a friend trusts me, even before I explain myself.


I think this is the best thing a friend could do for me. Trust me even when everyone else does not. A nod of understanding never fails to warm my heart when I am lost of words, anxiously and helplessly trying to explain myself.

I never forget the times I poured out all I had to strive for king scout. On the last night of the expedition, everyone else was fatigue and wanted to give up on climbing Mount Matang, which was the last task given to us. The rest agreed with letting only the guys go so that they could reach the mountain top faster and take a pic as evidence of the task accomplished and that we would not miss the last bus back to town. 

Despite the lethargy, I disagreed with the idea and insisted in following the guys to complete the last task, because I did not want to have regrets, regrets of giving up and cheat after I'd gone so far. 

No one was on my side. Others persuaded me. I knew what they meant and their rationale, but deep down in my heart I persisted. 

I didn't know what to do because no one understood. I withdrew myself and cried.

Feeling sober, I went back to the group. Then I looked at the leader, told him how much I wanted to go, how I wished he could understand.

Beyond my expectation........ he nodded. He said he did. Although he did not look at me when he answered that, his nod of understanding warmed my heart. 

When I thought no one understood, he did. 

A nod was sufficient. 

He is a friend who meant a lot to me. One who always support, one who understands and whom I can depend on. 

Thanks.